Senator native wear designs for Nigerian men, especially those of Igbo origin, are a popular choice for very special occasions like weddings, big holidays, and so on. Such attire gives men an utterly elegant look and a touch of authenticity. The style is quickly becoming a truly national outfit that looks good on both men and women.
What the senator style is and who invented it?
In spite of the huge popularity of the style, a bigger part of Nigerians who choose it as their outfit will hardly be able to explain the history behind this style and the name. In reality, everything is quite simple. The first man to wear the outfit of this type was a real senator. At that time, he was the Senate President during Obasanjo’s tenure. The senator was Anyiam Pius Anyiam.
Now, this style is often chosen by Igbo men and Niger Delta men. Although it’s frequently accepted as a native garment, it’s actually not. It’s very similar to the Igbo traditional attire.
Senator native wears design and its diversity
Let’s check out the latest senator styles for men in Nigeria and all those possible variations that can change the look of the entire outfit and add some specific mood.
- Unlike the traditional attire of the Igbo people, senator suits are made without the traditional “tiger head” (“isi Agu”) patterns or prints. There’s a set of more or less traditional colors that are chosen for the senator design, and they involve wine-red, dark blue, or asphalt grey. However, this, of course, doesn’t mean that the choice is limited
- As well, you can have a senator outfit with long sleeves if you like or with short ones for a less formal look or more comfort.
- You are free to opt for a longer or a shorter top piece. It can reach your knees or only slightly cover your hips.
- The embroidery that decorates the chest and neck area of the senator set of clothes can vary as much as your imagination allows. You can choose any pattern and style you like. The same is about the color of the embroidery.
- You can combine different fabrics within one senator outfit. It looks fresh and elegant if the colors are chosen properly and match each other. Sometimes, a decoration made out of another fabric can replace the embroidery
10 senator native wear designs
Despite the fact that some men use the senator attire for special occasions only, it can be a great outfit for having fun and relaxing during their free time. Rocking this style, you will always be fashionable, attractive, and eye-catching.